CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Welcome to the World of Blogging :)

Since this is my first time ever blogging I'm not really sure how to start. As I sit here in bed at midnight, I think back to this morning and how my day started. I'm so blessed to be able to work from home and be with my wonderful children all day. Their lives are just flying by and I realize all the little things they do and say that are not written down, but I get to enjoy everyday. They are only a memory I try to hold on to, and since my memory isn't so great I decided I should start a blog of our family. We want to make a family web page, however, that requires alot of time on the computer, and right now spending time with our kids is more important :) So, here it is midnight on Nov. 9th, actually now the 10th, and I'm starting. I just nursed our precious 6 week old Eliviah and put her in her Daddy's arms to sleep. They both snore and make the strangest grunting noises... I love it. It drowns out the pecking of me typing.

Our little boy isn't so much of a baby anymore. He will be 4 on Monday, and I realized this morning that 4 years ago today I was at my OB with them telling me I needed to go to the hospital and be induced. The days of  labor and his birth are all such a blur. I really should write it all down, at least what I can recall of that special day...But until then I will reflect on the "almost" 4 year old little boy we have now. He is so funny and so full of personality. He loves and craves attention, constantly! Most of the times that he gets into "trouble" are because he is just doing things to get my attention. Which in turn makes me hope I give him enough and his little outburst are just that... outburst. He loves to sing, laugh and copy his Daddy's every move. He is always saying, "Are you just teasing me Mommy?" He is so loving to his new baby sister. He adores Savannah and is always trying to teach her something new, including how to get out of her crib. He is a great big brother, and he will tell you so. He is very "Proud" of himself, and will tell you that, too! I feel guilty for not writing down all the cute little things he has said, all the little memories of his life. Hopefully, one day he will love the pictures and videos I constantly take of him. Two little memories do come to me now. The first was nearly 2 years ago at his 2 year old check-up with his wonderful pediatrician, Dr. Fedack. It was a normal appointment and everything seemed fine. Then the nurse informed me of the immunizations he needed and I agreed. While she went out to get the supplies she needed, I tried my best to explain to my 2 year old little boy what exactly was about to happen. He nodded and said, "yes, ma'am Mommy, I'll be a good boy". Ahh those moments of still having my "only child". (I was pregnant with Savannah and due any day) Anyway, the nurse came back in, (Josiah's favorite nurse I might add) her name was Erin. She had given Josiah extra special attention from the very first appointment, which was right after he was discharged from the NICU. She proceeded to get the shots together, a total of 3.  She talked to Josiah and got him up on the exam table. He was fine until we rolled his pants leg up. He started to fight it so we just held him down and tried to get it over with asap! Needless to say he screamed and cried, and screamed and cried some more! Then as Erin was trying to apologize and just let him know it was to keep him from getting sick, he looked her right in the eyes, stopped screaming, and in the most serious voice a 2 yr old can muster he said, "Now that was NOT NICE!"... you probably had to be there to get the whole senario, but it was a priceless moment... it was adorable. Erin was beside herself with laughter and just went out the hall to tell the other nurses. It was a cute memory of a funny thing he said and did. Now fast forward a little to when he was about 3.5 years old. We were snuggled on the playroom floor setting up who knows what game (it was one of those that takes forever to set up but only 5 minutes for a 3 yr old to get bored with) and a'las he is bored and sits in my lap to snuggles as best he can in what lap I have left since I was pregnant with Eliviah. He looks at my face and rubs my cheeks with his hand and asks, "Mommy, why do you have all those sprinkles on your face?" ...."What Josiah? What are you talking about?" I asked him. "The sprinkles Mommy, they are all over your face", he said puzzled. "Ohhhh," I said. "Buddy, those aren't sprinkles, those are Mommy's freckles!" (lol) "It's from going to the pool with you so much. The sun shines on Mommy's face and makes little freckles come out." He said, "oh, okay Mommy. One day when I'm all big like you I will have those too." :)  He says a million cute things like this nearly everyday, and now Savannah is starting to, too. I feel like I might forget these precious moments with my babies one day, so thats why I'm trying to start writing (blogging) them down now.

So there is our first blog. I didn't mean for it to become mostly about Josiah. But like I said we are approching his 4th birthday and I feel like my little boy is growing up way too fast. I needed to write out a few of the cute memories I have in my head. Especially before these days of three kids, all three and under, make me loose my mind. :) We are far from rich. But I have everything I need, my kids have everything they need. My husband is an amazing man, he works so hard everyday to lead our family and I think he is doing an awesome job. Hopefully, we will be able to somewhat keep up with this blog and have a little something to look back at and recall those good ole days when our kids were little! Our post will be from my point of view and Chris'. We are excited to get this online journal started. Chris' parents came in for a visit today. His dad (PawPaw) does storytelling at local schools. He dresses up as Johnny Appleseed, and tomorrow he is  at a Cherokee County school, so they are spending the night with us. I'm so blessed to have an amazing mother and father-in-law. They do so much and care so much for us and others. They are truly an example of giving people. I hope and pray that one day I can be as good, loving, giving, and caring in-laws to our children's spouses! I don't nearly thank them enough for raising such an awesome son. I have a wonderful husband who loves and cares for me, and he does so because he was taught that way from the best!

Well, I better bring this first blog to a close and get some sleep. We are a family of 7! With three kids three and under, and next week I will be able to say 4 and under. :) We are living everyday to its fullest and trying to remember to just relax and enjoy this life with our family. Thank you God for our family, especially for our children. I'm looking forward to spending the day with my children and wonderful mother-in-law tomorrow.

We are blessed beyond words!
~Chrystal~

No comments:

Post a Comment